Those who dare to challenge the enormous problems we face are most likely to embrace creative solutions. Not only must we consider how to achieve effective organizational performance, but we also need to recognize the impact of the vast disparities in the way people live around the world. Creativity by itself does not change things. However, it offers the possibility of changing our world for the better. Applying the Creative Potential Profile, we can improve organizational performance by appropriately using the following steps:
- Start by recognizing that every individual is different and use the test instrument to better align talent with requirements.
- Apply the test instrument to identify each individual's Creative Intelligence style.
When considering a restructuring or downsizing of an organization, apply the test instrument to match the requirements needed.
- Recognize that each individual has different aspiration levels and find a way to accommodate these differences. The current environment requires adaptability and flexibility, which often demand rapid response. The test instrument can be a valuable adjunct for knowing would would be best at making critical decisions.
- Recognize the need for a learning organization that is continuously transforming as demands of the external environment change.
- Apply the test instrument to establish teams by matching requirements with available talent. Applying the Creative Potential Profile will increasingly become a requirement to meet the ever-changing demands on an organization.
General Eisenhower, who was an extraordinary leader, recognized that people who value privilege above principle wind up losing both. His words of wisdom can be applied to creativity. We have a choice. Will we use our vast talents to make our lives better or will we miss the opportunity to bring about significant change?
What have you learned after reading this book? You should have a better idea of what creativity entails, how difficult it can be to introduce creativity into an organization, including education, and the need for great leaders to assure that we embrace creativity. By examining the lives of the many people covered in the book, you should have a better understanding of who creative people are, what they do, how they behave, and what makes them successful. Most important, you should recognize the significance of creativity in every aspect of our lives. To fully appreciate the role of creativity, you should examine your Creative Potential Profile and determine your Creative Intelligence styles to have a better understanding of who you are, what you can do, and how you can be creative about your own fut